Saturday, April 09, 2005

Dogs, On Choosing a Person

Dogs are very selective when it comes to their persons. Most dogs choose a person that matches their character qualities and that exhibits a good temperament. Underlying psychological factors affect the dog's likes and dislikes when it comes to different kinds of people. It is often observed that the human they like best, fall in love with, or ultimately deem suitable - whichever the case may be - draws a nearly imperceptible, yet keen parallel of likeness.

Dogs can find it tough to find a good breed of human. If they are lucky enough to get past this decision, the battle is half won. It's best to find a person when he or she is quite young, since they are much more easily trained in the early years. Yes, the incessant discipline is necessary, particularily when it comes to new tricks, but they learn relatively fast if you are clear and consistent. Treat them right and you'll have a loyal human for life.

Dogs love the carefree attitude that human's often display - not a trouble in the world. One of the most desirable traits, that stands out in a dedicated, lovable human is one they are most known for - the quality of utter unselfishness and complete dedication to their owner. However, it's a pity humans aren't more useful. They tend to lie around and be lazy unless their owner is around. Bear in mind the presence of other humans can have a despairingly negative affect causing some to momentarily lose control. Simply keep an eye on him or her and keep others away. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief and keep him or her from possible injury.

Dogs simply love it when after a long, tiring day, they arrive home to be greeted by their guy or girl who's all excited, ready for dinner and a walk.

Fellow dogs. Get yourself a person. Your type. Life will be a lot more interesting... and exciting.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

As I read this Tut-tut was lying in my lap with his head on my chest and his little paw stretched up to my chin, purring and gazing contentedly into my eyes while I murmered sweet nothings to him and absent mindedly stroked his chin...I couldn't help but realized how well trained I was! Guess it applies to cats as well.

Rebekah said...

That's pretty good...I'm amazed that my cats have put up with my ill humors and laziness for so long!

Crystal said...

Raphael,
Can you please pass this on to your owner. Thanks.

Dear Belle,
After reading and carefully considering this post I realize more fully a few of the reasons why we did not get off to a great start the other evening. I am embarrassed that I expected you to welcome me to your home without a proper period of observation or assessment. This was not fair of me and I am sorry for that oversight. Based on our very different approachs to life I fear that even after time you may still find me objectionable. I can only hope that we will be able to establish a sense of respect for one another over time.
Given the chance I believe that you would find me a quick learner though I am not exactly terribly young anymore. I also understand that you may not have the time or desire to train another person whom you will mostly only see on rare occasions.
I am very happy for you that you have found the person for you and wish you the very best in the years to come as you grow older together.
Respectfully yours,
Crystal :-)