Saturday, April 30, 2005

must have been a blonde

By 7:30 this morning as I drove to Lynden, I knew this day was going to be anything but normal. A flashy black Honda smartly pulled onto the road behind me. The woman driver, who I assume was a blonde, had just completed her roadside mocha stop. Oblivious to her completely flat front tire, I felt a stroke of sympathy which I was soon to find would be totally ignored. I thought it would be easy, but no sir. She ignored my signals and continued on her way as she proceeded to pass. Flashing my lights a few times, I merely received a wave. Pretty soon she pulled off onto a side street to "shake" me. I followed for a very short distance, and turned around, deciding not to waste any time and thinking about her future surprise or embarassment.

Still thinking about that, I was driving through Lynden and turning a corner was very surprised to see a lone railroad car parked clear across the road causing traffic to turn around. There he was... poor guy - how embarrased he must have been... all these cars waiting or reversing their course while he tried to push and pull the hugh railroad car one way or another off the road... with his little bobcat. I just had to take a picture. It was so cute. Pretty soon they found a bigger piece of equipment a fertilizer vehicle and a chain and pulled the dumb rusty thing off the roadway. By this time I knew something else out of the ordinary was surely creeping up. Sure enough.
... To be continued....

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Are you going to post the photo? Can't wait for the next installment! Don't leave us hanging for too long please. :-)

Crystal said...

So Raphael are you going to give us the "rest of the story" sometime soon???
Just wondering! LOL

Kristi said...

One question...how come it must "have been a blonde?." Why would that be? How can you tell? Maybe because blondes typically drive black Hondas, because the black compliments their light hair. Yes, that must be it.

Crystal said...

Raphael,
What has happened to you? I know the lightning hampered your computing for a while but what about a new post one of these days? The rest of your story? a photo? Will we hear from you again someday soon??? not trying to be pushy but it has been a lonnnnnngggg time since you have posted and....

LOL :-)

Rebekah said...

Ohhhhh...

How lovely!